Genesis 1: 26
26 ¶And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Christian men are the inheritors of God’s Covenant. Through Jesus Christ, we have become God’s children – those of us called to believe that He paid the price of our Sin – free and forever.
With this come certain necessary duties. One is that we are required to accept dominion of our planet.
Dominion /Do·min´ion/ (?), n. [LL. dominio, equiv. to L. dominium. See Domain, Dungeon.]
1. Sovereign or supreme authority; the power of governing and controlling; independent right of possession, use, and control; sovereignty; supremacy. I praised and honored him that liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion. Dan. iv. 34. To choose between dominion or slavery. Jowett (Thucyd. ).
2. Superior prominence; predominance; ascendency. Objects placed foremost ought . . . have dominion over things confused and transient. Dryden. 3. That which is governed; territory over which authority is exercised; the tract, district, or county, considered as subject; as, the dominions of a king. Also used figuratively; as, the dominion of the passions.
4. pl. A supposed high order of angels; dominations. See Domination, 3. Milton. By him were all things created . . . whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. Col. i. 16.
Syn. — Sovereignty; control; rule; authority; jurisdiction; government; territory; district; region.
(DOMINION, Websters Dicttionary 1828)
We have no absolute discretion to act however we simply please. The dominion we are given is that of a Steward, or Bailiff, to a master or Lord who is far distant.
THE CREATION DOMINION MANDATE
Christian Overman (PDF here)
The creation dominion mandate to subdue andrule over all the earth, however, is not a licenseb to rape and ruin the world. On the contrary, it is a mandate of utmost responsibility and honor.
God entrusted His very creation into the hands of man! What He spoke into existence and proclaimed to be good, He entrusted into man’s care.We must understand that God gave Adam tasks to accomplish in the garden even before the fall.God put man into the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. (Genesis 2:15)
Adam and Eve did not pass the time of day by simply plucking fruit and being entertained by animals. God even waitedfor the creation of man to be completed before He allowed shrubs and plants to sprout, for “there was no man to cultivate the ground.” (Genesis 2:5)
While only God could make a tree, He made only man to prune it. Yes, stewardship and work were prepared for man as part of God’s intention and
man was enabled and equipped to carry out his commission under God.
For the earth remained the Lord’s, “and all it contains.” (Psalm 24) The fact that God maintains sovereign ownership of the earth
should only increase man’s sense of responsibility for the earth. Man is not his own boss. He was not crowned king, he was only made a deputy ruler, a viceroy. He stewards on behalf of God.
Nicely said. We are merely authorised to act as agent, which means a responsibility to maintain and preserve :
Authority /Au·thor´i·ty/ (?), n. ; pl. Authorities (?). [OE. autorite, auctorite, F. autorité, fr. L. auctoritas, fr. auctor. See Author, n. ]
1. Legal or rightful power; a right to command or to act; power exercised buy a person in virtue of his office or trust; dominion; jurisdiction; authorization; as, the authority of a prince over subjects, and of parents over children; the authority of a court. Thus can the demigod, Authority, Make us pay down for our offense. Shak. By what authority doest thou these things ? Matt. xxi. 23.
2. Government; the persons or the body exercising power or command; as, the local authorities of the States; the military authorities. [Chiefly in the plural.]
(AUTHORITY, Websters Dictionary 1828)
So : Christian man has a duty to God to ensure that the planet is maintained for future generations, and for God in His role as absentee (in corpreal, physical, tanglible ‘here and now’ terms) Lord. The notion that shovelling mercury into the rivers, putting off dealing with nuclear waste to some distant point, hacking down the rainforests for cheap McDonald’s burgers, or knowingly grinding the poor into the ground with the use of unrestricted financial, judicial and military power for a quick profit is wrong, and rejects the duty of DOMINION offerd and handed to us by God.
So is working with the ‘environment’ movement. They are at the core God hating, God rejecting unblievers, infidels, reprobate, wicked, sinful, apstates. Because we are warned not to unevenly yoke ourselves -
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
II Corinthians 6:14
- we must not involve ourselves in work for God which can be shown to the work of others who hate him. We have the power to move mountains with God – the environmental/green movement is not needed. They offer us nothing, are communists, and call for euthenasia – mass murder – and wugenics – they want to pay god (because they believe that they are god), to save Mother Earth , to heal Gaia (both names for the single pagan deity representing nature) .